Students who are on Academic Suspension from Bismarck State College or another institution may appeal the suspension through the appropriate Academic Dean.
Students will be in the best position to appeal if they have:
If the student is considering submitting an appeal, it is strongly recommended that they complete the appeal process at least two weeks prior to the start of the student’s first course.
- Shown that they are working on making progress towards reaching their academic goals.
- They have documented extenuating circumstances that prevented their ability to meet minimum academic requirements. Extenuating circumstances could include, but are not limited to, serious illness to the student or immediate family member, death of an immediate family member, significant trauma in the student’s life that impaired the student’s emotional and/or physical health.
The student must complete the following steps to be considered for an appeal:
1. Complete the Academic Suspension Appeal Request Form.
2. Review and complete the following:
The Academic Suspension Appeal Request will be reviewed by the appropriate Academic Dean for consideration of readmission.
- The student will be notified by the appropriate Academic Dean of the appeal decision.
Refer to the Bismarck State College procedure for more information: BSC Procedure - Academic Suspension Appeal