Read&Write is a comprehensive educational tool designed to help students with everyday tasks like reading, writing, researching and studying. Bismarck State College has purchased an unlimited site license so that our students, faculty and staff can install and benefit from these tools on their personal computers at no charge. To install the Read&Write software, please see the instructions below. Installation files can only be accessed by an active student account.
Installation of Read&Write:
Some Features of Read&Write:
- Hear documents and web pages read aloud to improve reading comprehension.
- Understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries.
- Develop writing skills with the word prediction.
- Turn text into audio files (MP3) so students can listen while on the go.
- Research and studying tools that assist with finding, collecting, proofing, and citing sources.
- Highlight information, and collect your notes, which include the original source.
Study Skills Workshops
Free Study Skills Workshops are offered each semester. These workshops provide information for developing skills vital to enhancing academic performance and will provide suggestions for immediately applying the techniques discussed.
For additional study skills information, call the Sykes Student Success Center at 701-224-5671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Skills Handouts
Study Skills Presentations