Live 1-1 Sessions
BSC offers live virtual tutoring to any remote or online students looking for assistance. Students hoping to receive a live virtual tutoring session need a computer with a stable internet connection and a working microphone.
Instructions for Starting a Live Session
Please see the video below for more information:
- Go to bismarckstate.edu
- Inside the black bar on the top of the page, hover the cursor over the “My BSC” drop-down menu and click “Email”
- Sign in with your email@example.com account (if you aren't already signed in).
- Click on the purple "Teams" icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the search bar at the top, type the name of the tutor with whom you want to work.
Tips for a Successful Live Session:
- Be prepared. Test out your microphone and speakers before you start.
- Have your study materials ready.
- Plug in your laptop before you start.
- Stay at the computer throughout the session
- Be polite.
- Find a quiet environment
- Make sure you know how to share your computer screen.
BSC Tutors are also available through Microsoft Teams or email to answer any questions or provide proofreading services if a live session is not possible. Please complete our support form to provide us with additional information.
BSC Students interested in receiving individually-created explanation videos of a question or problem they’re currently struggling with can request one at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 701-224-5671.
IMPORTANT: It is against the Academic Honor Code to ask for help with quizzes and exams. It is also against the Employee Code of Ethics Policy for any tutor to give assistance to students when they are taking quizzes or exams. This includes any take-home exams or quizzes.