The EMT Certificate of Completion is designed for those wishing to become entry level patient care providers and provide basic life support with ambulance services, fire departments, law enforcement, security, and a variety of other settings. EMS certification is also required to advance to the higher levels of Emergency Medical Services certification such as the Paramedic.
Certificate of Completion
|EMS 110||Emergency Medical Technician||4|
|EMS 115||Emergency Medical Technician - Hospital||1|
|EMS 118||Emergency Medical Technician - Field Internship||1|
|EMS 120||EMT Skill Lab||1|
College Degree Requirements
All EMT classes must be taken and completed in one semester.
Students must complete with "C" or better in all required program courses.
Upon successful completion of the above curriculum, the student will receive an Emergency Medical Technician Certificate of Completion and is eligible to take the National Registry Certification examination for Emergency Medical Technicians.
EMT Application Process
Fall: July 20th
Spring: December 1st
- Admission to Bismarck State College.
- Apply as "Emergency Medical Technician Certificate of Completion" or "Pre-Paramedic Technology."
- Check Campus Connection to ensure all of your "To Do List" items have been completed. Student cannot be admitted to the EMT course if they are not admitted to BSC due to an incomplete Admission file.
- Complete application for EMT course: EMT Application.
- Complete the consultation process with the EMS/Paramedic Program Director.
- Consultation will be scheduled once the course application is received and reviewed.
- Following a successful application and consultation process, students will be offered placement into the course as space allows. Students accepting this offer will need to pay a $100 tuition deposit.
- Upon acceptance into both BSC and the EMT course: *
- Students will attend program orientation and registration. There is no registration for EMS courses prior to this day. We will schedule this orientation and registration day after acceptance to the course.
- Following acceptance, students will need to complete the Castlebranch Compliance Tracker (student expense) to ensure clinical admission requirements are met.
- A detailed list of clinical admission requirements is outlined in the program application.
* Program acceptance is conditional until the completion of the required background check through Castlebranch.
Colton Belmore, 701-224-5783 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DeeAnn Werre, 701-224-2497 or email@example.com