Although there are computer labs on campus for instructional and lab use, students may wish to own or have access to a personal computer. For many program courses, students can access full or academic versions of the software used in class for little to no cost from the software companies. However, students should be aware that personal computers used for this purpose should have sufficient speed and storage capacity since the software used is very hardware intensive. Recommended minimum computer hardware requirements for students using personal computers are as follows:
- For the most up-to-date suggested requirements, refer to the following site: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/system-requirements. Review the suggested requirements for each of the following products:
- Civil 3D
- PC-based laptops are highly recommended. Macintosh systems are not recommended as they are not used or discussed in any program courses.
- The ability to connect to a secondary monitor is recommended.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (or newer if available)
- Windows Office
- Classroom Software: Information will be presented in class on how to access student versions of classroom software