Edinburgh, Scotland & Reykjavik, Iceland - May 16-24, 2020
*Trip was cancelled due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Guide/Host: Dr. Amy L. Juhala, graduate of Edinburgh University
- Flights: 5:30pm departure Bismarck-Minneapolis - Amsterdam (Delta); Amsterdam-Edinburgh (KLM); Glasgow-Keflavik (Icelandair); Keflavik-Minneapolis- Bismarck (Delta) arrival 2:35pm
- Transfer from Edinburgh Airport to Hilton Edinburgh Carlton Hotel
- Transfer from Hilton Edinburgh Carlton Hotel to Glasgow Airport
- Transfers to/from Keflavik (Reykjavik) Airport and Fosshotel Reykjavik
4 nights in Edinburgh at Hilton Edinburgh Carlton
- Blending perfectly into the historic surroundings of the Royal Mile, Hilton Edinburgh Carlton is an iconic element of the city. The building dates to the 1900s and is part of the impressive North Bridge which links Edinburgh’s Old and New town together, giving you easy access to countless shopping, dining and entertainment options. Once one of Edinburgh’s top department stores, the building was fully refurbished in 2016 to bring the décor back to its stylish best.
- Central location, complimentary WiFi, laptop-sized safe, work desk w/ergonomic chair, Suite Dreams by Serta® bed, iron/ironing board, air conditioning/adjustable thermostat, alarm radio, 40” Flat Panel HD TV, nonsmoking, bathroom amenities, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities.
3 nights in Reykjavik at Fosshotel Reykjavik
- Fosshotel Reykjavík, Iceland’s largest hotel, stands prominently in Reykjavík’s business district, only a short walk from the main shopping area. Here, from the heart of the city, you can easily explore Reykjavík’s magnificent architecture, captivating history, vibrant markets and rich culture – ideal starting point for experience the best of everything the city has to offer. Unwind at the Beer Garden with local Icelandic draught beer and enjoy select dining at Fosshotel Reykjavík’s restaurant, Haust.
- Central location, complimentary WiFi, in-room safe, 42” flat panel Satellite TV, Ocean or city view, small fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, premium bedding, bathroom amenities, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, desk, nonsmoking, alarm radio.
- Hot Buffet/Full Breakfast each day at hotel
- 1 full-day excursion of your choice with Rabbie’s Trail Burners (www.rabbies.com)
- Dinner at Howie’s Waterloo Place (Edinburgh)
- Premier Blue Lagoon access: silica mud mask, use of towel, 1st drink of choice, 2nd mask of choice, slippers, use of bathrobe (www.bluelagoon.com)
- Dinner at Blue Lagoon’s Lava Restaurant
- Full-day Golden Circle Tour: Thingvellir National Park, Haukadalur geothermal area (Geysir & Strokkur geysers), Gullfoss waterfall
- Full-day South Shore Adventure: Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Skogafoss waterfall, Solheimajokull glacier, Vik, Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Dinner at Geysir Bistro (Reykjavik)
- Morning walk w/Amy through New Town, Water of Leith, and Dean Village
- Mercat Tours: Ghosts & Ghouls Tour (w/Blair Street Underground Vaults)
- Edinburgh Gin “Gin Discovery Tour”
- 2 full days for Edinburgh sightseeing:
Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Museum of
Scotland, Real Mary King’s Close, Royal Yacht Britannia,
Rosslyn Chapel, Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling, Scotch Whisky
Experience, Fast & Furious 9 filming location
Tour is open to ALL: BSC students, employees, community members, family members, etc.
- Students can register for HUMS 211, Summer 2020. Depending upon the amount of work undertaken, students can earn 1 to 3 credits (Arts & Humanities/Enrichment).
Price per person (based on double occupancy) $3,850, Single occupancy: add $510
Optional Insurance: from $150 to $550 (based upon tour price and age of traveler)
Registration and Payment:
Travel Agent: MB Schmidt-Quainoo, Northland Travel, 701-557-7705, email@example.com
- Payments made to Northland Travel, checks preferred (credit card payments add 5%)
- $500/person deposit plus optional insurance due within 3 days of submitting reservation
- Reservations close on Friday, December 6, 2019
- Final payment due on/before Friday, January 31, 2020
- Note: While unlikely, price is subject to change if exchange rate increases significantly by time of final payment
Questions: contact Dr. Amy L. Juhala, Dean of Humanities, Arts, & Sciences, 701-224-5760, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Brochure