Admission to the Practical Nursing Program is on a competitive basis. The following criteria must be met to be considered for admission:
1. Admission to Bismarck State College.
2. Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
3. Proof of current CPR training for health care providers from the American Heart Association or the Red Cross.
4. UNIV 100 | COLLEGE STRATEGIES or UNIV 101 | COLLEGE TRANSITIONS as determined by college advisor.
5. ENGL 110 | COLLEGE COMPOSITION I.
6. Student must have completed at minimum ASC 093 with a "Satisfactory" grade or "C" or better so they are prepared to enter MATH 103 College Algebra (or higher math courses), OR equivalent scores for ACT/PLAN/SAT/COMPASS. (Math Skills Readiness must be completed within 5 years of application).
7. ACT composite score of 19 (or COMPASS test with comparable scores).
8. Completion of ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with a score of basic level or higher.
9. Minimum overall GPA of 2.50.
10. Minimum GPA of 2.75 in all prerequisite and program requirements.
11. If taken earlier, Pharmacology, Developmental Psychology, Required Math, and Anatomy and Physiology I & II and laboratories must not be older than seven years from the date of entrance to the nursing program.
12. For those of whom English is not their native language (including international and/or U.S. residents), additional language proficiency requirements must be met by successfully passing the TOEFL exam.
13. Prior to entering class all students must pass a drug screening exam and criminal background check.
14. Completion of candidate interview.
The admissions committee will review the application and qualifications of each individual. Students will be notified in writing of their acceptance status. The number of students admitted will vary by location.