Presidents Honor Roll
A President’s Honor Roll is compiled and published at the end of each semester, after final grades have been posted in CampusConnection. This honor gives recognition to Full-time students who have maintained at least a 3.50 grade point average while enrolled in at least 12 BSC semester credit hours. The designation will be recorded on the student’s transcript at the end of the respective semester. The student will receive notification from the president in recognition of their achievement, and their name will be published in the local paper.
BSC Policy – President’s Honor Roll
BSC is committed to the academic success of every student. The college will monitor a student’s grades and issue an appropriate warning if grades are inadequate. The academic standing which is based on Term and Cumulative grade point average is determined once, at the end of each semester, after final grades have been posted in CampusConnection.
Poor performance could result in being placed in one of the following academic standings:
The College keeps students informed of their academic standing by printing a statement on the student’s transcript as well as sending correspondence directly to the student.
- Academic Warning
- Academic Probation
- Academic Suspension
View the online workshops for Warning and Probation to help you understand the meaning of this standing and to provide information on how to improve your grade point average.
Students in poor academic standing should meet with their academic advisor or the Mystic Advising and Counseling Center to discuss academic goals and develop a plan toward success.
Refer to the BSC policy for a complete description of each level of standing.
BSC Policy – Academic Standing
Academic Suspension Readmission
Students who are academically suspended are formally notified by letter. If a student is enrolled for any future semesters they are administratively withdrawn to zero credit and inactivated as a BSC student.
Students may apply for readmission.
Students placed on Academic Suspension from BSC or another institution should understand the following in order to be considered for readmission:
Complete the steps below to be readmitted:
- 1st time suspension – the student will not be reinstated before the lapse of at least one semester (summer session does not constitute as a semester).
- Multiple suspensions – the student will not be reinstated before the lapse of at least two semesters (summer session does not constitute as a semester).
- In order to prepare for a successful semester, it is strongly recommended the student completes the readmission process at least two weeks prior to the start of the student’s first course.
Student Procedure – Academic Suspension Readmission
- Complete the BSC Admissions Application
- Complete the Academic Suspension Readmission Request Form
- Contact the Mystic Advising and Counseling Center at email@example.com or 701-224-5752 to review readmission request with an Academic Advisor.
Academic Suspension Appeal
Students who are on Academic Suspension from BSC may appeal the suspension through the appropriate Academic Dean.
Students will be in the best position to appeal if they have:
- Shown that they are working on making progress towards reaching their academic goals.
- Documented extenuating circumstances preventing them from meeting the minimum academic requirements.
- In order to prepare for a successful semester, it is strongly recommended the student completes the appeal process at least two weeks prior to the start of the student’s first course.
Student Procedure – Academic Suspension Appeal