Skip to main content

Financial Aid for Service Members | Bismarck State College

to the top of the page
Home Page

Financial Aid for Service Members

Financial Aid information for Service Members

Follow these guidelines to apply for and determine your federal student aid eligibility.

Please keep in mind that applying for federal student aid is separate from applying for your military benefits. Please be in contact with the BSC Veterans Services office to inquire about your benefits. You may apply for federal student aid in addition to receiving your military benefits.

Applying for aid:

Obtain your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). The FSA ID will act as your log in and electronic signature for your federal aid application.

Once you have applied for admission to Bismarck State College you are able to begin filling out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

For more information on applying for aid click here.

Application timeline for federal student aid:

Students can begin to apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA as early as October 1, preceding the school year in which you plan to attend. Applications must be received no later than the last date of your scheduled classes in the semester in which you wish to receive financial aid.

After you complete the FAFSA:

The BSC Financial Aid office will reach out to you via your BSC email account and in Campus Connection on the next steps to receiving your aid.

For a detailed walk-through on the financial aid application process, please visit the Financial Aid Process webpage.

The BSC Financial Aid office is here to assist you. You may contact us with questions via phone, email, or office visit:

The BSC Financial Aid Office - 1st floor of Schafer Hall
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Phone: 701-224-5494
Fax: 701-224-2402