Residency for tuition purposes is determined through information the student provides on the Admission application to enroll at Bismarck State College. Numerous factors are considered when coding a student's residence such as:
Students seeking the ND Resident/ND Military rate for tuition will need to complete the Application for ND Resident Student Status and provide the required paperwork listed for the option selected. The application can be found via the link for ND Residency/ND Military Information listed below.
- Home/mailing address
- Parent address
- Place of High School Graduation
You may qualify for North Dakota Military if you are one of the following:
Please view the Application for ND Resident Student Status for more detailed information regarding the North Dakota Military rate for tuition options and what documents are required to be submitted to verify military status.
- Active Duty member of the Armed Forces
- Member of the North Dakota National Guard Unit
- Member of the Armed Forces Reserve Component stationed in North Dakota
- Military Veteran
- Spouse or Dependent of a full-time active duty member of the armed forces, member of the North Dakota National Guard Unit, or member of the Armed Forces Reserve Component stationed in North Dakota
- Spouse or Dependent of a Veteran who is eligible to transfer entitlement under the Post 9-11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
FIND YOUR RESIDENCY & THE APPLICATION
Students who are not in agreement with the residency determination have the right to dispute the residency coding by submitting an appropriate residency application based on legal resident status along with the required supporting documentation.
LOCATING YOUR CURRENT TUITION RATE
Log into your Campus Connection account to verify your tuition rate. From your Student Center page follow the directions below to obtain your tuition rate.
- Under Finances, Click on Student Account Detail
- On the Tuit/Fees row click on the blue link, Account Details
- Scroll through the information listed, may need to click "View All" on the top and locate the line item that lists "Tuition". This is where you would see what tuition rate you are being billed. In the example provided below the student is being billed at the ND Resident Tutition Rate.
It is the student's responsibility to know what tuition rate they are being billed each term. Please check your Campus Connection Account to verify the tuition rate you are currently being billed.
- Residency is reviewed with each new Bismarck State College Admissions application.
- Applications are required to be submitted within the term the student is enrolled and will not be accepted for a future term.
- Applications are required to be submitted prior to finals week of the current semester the student is enrolled, or else the change will be reviewed for the next consecutive term.
- If approved; tuition charges are then adjusted according to the new residency status for the approved semester only, with no previous terms adjusted, credited, or refunded.
- If not approved a new residency application would need to be submitted if a student would want to apply for a residency status change again.
- If there is a break in enrollment, a new residency application will need to be re-submitted to prove residency.
Contact BSC Student Finance: 701-224-2678 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Tax Transcript
Definition of Veteran Dependent from ND Century Code Section 37-01-40