May 15 – Call for Presenters opens (online submissions only)
September 1 – Call for Presenters closes (firm deadline)
October 10 to December 14- Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration
January 11 – Exhibitor Representative names DUE to BSC
January 29-31 – Conference
CE Program Manager
- Call for Presenters
Attendee Badge Scanning
QR codes on attendee and exhibitor name badges will once again be used at the 2017 Energy Generation Conference. The QR codes will be linked to contact information for each individual participant, depending on the information they want shared.
If you are new to QR codes, accessing the information is easy from your smartphone or tablet!
Apps are also available on your phone or tablet store that will create a list of scanned contacts. QR Scanner (sample) allows you to scan contacts and sort them into folders. Free version and paid versions ($1.99, without ads) are available. You can save the scanned information to your phone contacts, send them via email to a coworker, or keep them in app history.
- First, you need a QR-code app and a smartphone or tablet equipped with a camera. iOS users should check out RedLaser or QR Reader for iPhone. Android fans can try either RedLaser or QR Droid, and BlackBerry users will like QR Code Scanner Pro. All of these apps are free to download, and each one should handle any standard QR code just fine.
- When you launch your app of choice, you'll see that your phone's camera is activated, with an on-screen framing guide. Line up the camera on your device with the QR code you want to scan, and hold the device steady until the app can read the code in front of it.
- Once the code has been read, it will open up a new contact page showing information for the participant. If information has been provided, name, email and phone number should appear.
- Touch the save icon and a menu will appear asking where you would like to save the contact information.
- Make sure to save as a new contact! We recommend adding (EGC) before the newly captured attendee's last name.