Welcome to Bismarck State College's National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE)! We look forward to working with you as a student of the nation's premier educator in energy education and training.
If you have questions at anytime please contact us at BSC.Energy@bismarckstate.edu, 701.224.5651 or 800.852.5685.
1. Submit an Application
2. Pay the Application Fee ($35 US Dollars)
The admissions process typically takes 1 - 3 weeks, depending on BSC receiving required documentation such as transcripts. First, you are required to apply as degree seeking or non-degree seeking. If degree seeking, official transcripts will be required and placement tests may need to be completed. Once the admissions office has a completed file, you'll be notified via email that you are now able to register for classes. Within one - three business days of receiving your registration email, your assigned advisor will email you an education plan with any applicable transfer credits noted.
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- Military ID indicating Active Duty Status
- Orders indicating Active Duty Status
- A copy of the documentation may be faxed to the Admissions office at 701-224-5643 or emailed to BSC.Admissions@bismarckstate.edu.
3. Complete Student Verification Form
Student Verification Form
4. View Your To Do List
View Your To Do List for items still needed to complete the admissions process.
5. Submit ALL Official Transcripts
All official transcripts will be accepted through www.docufide.com, www.getmytranscript.com and www.scrip-safe.com/.
- If you have no college experience, submit official high school transcripts or GED.
- If you have less than 24 semester hours of college credit, submit official high school transcripts or GED and all official college/university transcripts.
- If you have more than 24 semester hours of college credit, submit all official college/university transcripts.
If those services are not available for your college(s), please request an official transcript to be sent (in a sealed envelope) by the schools to:
Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). More information can be found here.
6. Complete English and Math Assessment Score Requirements
Bismarck State College (BSC) along with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) requires all students to take a placement assessment. The assessment may be waived by Bismarck State College if you have completed college level reading, English, or math classes at a regionally accredited institution. For further details please click here.
7. Military Students Only
8. Check Your BSC Student Email
All email correspondence between students and BSC staff/faculty is required to be exchanged from the student's official BSC email address after the student has registered for one or more courses. Directions on how to access you student email account and how to set up your email on your mobile device can be found at: http://www.bismarckstate.edu/students/resources/itsupport/email/