Pursuant to SBHE Policy 820, BSC may offer a waiver to BSC students meeting eligibility requirements.
- The amount of the GED Achievement Waiver will be a maximum of $500 awarded.
- Tuition waivers do not include mandatory fees, class fees, books, board, room, insurance, taxes, or any other costs.
- The amount of the waiver will not exceed $2000.00.
- The waiver is guaranteed through four consecutive semesters (fall and spring only).
- Waivers provide no refundable balances to the student.
- Waiver applications do not guarantee a waiver.
- Available waiver amounts are limited, therefore applications will be reviewed along with all eligibility requirements and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for students who meet the criteria of the waiver.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Individuals who have completed their GED in North Dakota are eligible to apply for this waiver.
- Students must complete the waiver application in addition to the application for admission to Bismarck State College.
- This waiver is available only to students who are considered new at Bismarck State College. Returning students or students who have enrolled for prior coursework at BSC are not eligible. Early entry or dual-credit coursework at BSC or other institutions does not disqualify a student from being awarded this waiver.
- Students may enroll for any length of course offered by Bismarck State College and be eligible for this waiver. Students can begin at any start date in the semester and be eligible for the waiver.
- Students must complete the application for the GED Achievement Waiver prior to the first date of the course in which the student intends to enroll.
- Student must meet all BSC admission requirements and be accepted for enrollment for the upcoming semester.
- Student must complete and submit the GED Achievement Waiver application to the BSC Admissions Director. The Admissions Director will review applications for eligibility. All applications will be handled on a first come basis.
- By signing the application form, the student acknowledges that they understand the parameters of eligibility for the GED Achievement Waiver, the expected amount of the waiver, what the waiver can be used for, and when the waiver will be applied to their student account.
- Upon approval by the BSC Admissions Director the recipient will receive confirmation of the waiver and a copy of the approved application will be submitted to the Student Finance Department to be applied to the student account.
- Application priority deadline is August 1.