This form allows students the opportunity to appeal a transcript grade following a course drop, a withdrawal to zero credits, or past the last day to drop with record due to extenuating circumstances (medical, military, death in immediate family, natural disasters, etc).
- Complete the Academic Drop/Withdrawal Appeal form below.
- Submit supporting documentation to the Academic Records Office:
- In person: Academic Records Office - Schafer Hall
- By mail: BSC, Academic Records, PO BOX 5587, Bismarck ND 58506
- Fax number: 701.224.5643
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (must come from your BSC e-mail account)
- Please allow up to 7 working days to process.
- Postal mail confirmations with the results, will be sent to the student by the Academic Records office.
Reason for Denial of an Appeal
- If the appeal is not received within the allotted time frame as outlined in the Academic Records Drop/Withdrawal Appeal Policy.
- Failure to follow proper drop/withdrawal procedures.
- Lack of knowledge of applicable dates and deadlines.
- Changes in job, work schedule or employment (*unless related to a natural disaster with sufficient documentation).
- Failure to verify class schedule and/or schedule changes.
- Non-attendance of class(es).
- Personal errors in judgment regarding:
- Availability of finances to pay associated charges
- Class work load and academic ability
- Time management
- Availability of transportation to and from class
- Dissatisfaction with course content or method of instruction. If appealing is for this reason, please contact the Dean of Academic Affairs at 701.224.5486.
- Inadequate, late application or loss of eligibility of financial aid, scholarships, or third party authorization.
- Non-receipt of information/notices sent to student's email and/or USPS address.
- Not benefiting from:
- A fee (e.g. wishing to appeal the mandatory/student/class/course/program fees)
- Course credits in regard to degree requirements or changes in major
- Lack of proper, descriptive documentation.
Note: Remember the burden of proof is on you. The more complete, and specific you can be, the less chance of misunderstanding and the better the Academic Records Office can perform their task.
* Indicates Required Field. Note: Some fields are masked for your security.