The Office of Student and Residence Life is now accepting applications for Resident Assistants for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
The RA position is an exciting opportunity to challenge yourself to develop professional and interpersonal skills to enhance your post-BSC career! Campus RA’s are part-time student employees.
What Does the Job Consist of?
- Commitment to one full weeknight each week of front desk coverage and availability in your assigned building.
- Commitment to an average of one weekend each month as primary coverage in your assigned building.
- Monthly program responsibilities, including planning and implementing monthly activities for the residents in your building, as well as passive forms of programs, such as bulletin boards and door tags.
- Weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly employee-supervisor one-on-one meetings.
- Emergency and situational responsiveness in your building.
- Enforcement of BSC housing policy in your building.
- Mediating interpersonal conflicts between residents.
What Are the Benefits of the Job?
- All RA’s receive a full room-waiver for a single room in the building to which they are assigned.
- All RA’s have the choice of meal plan that is smaller than the Standard Meal Plan at the Mystic Marketplace.
- All RA’s receive a twice-monthly stipend that starts at $25 and increases every other semester.
- All RA’s will also receive free First-Aid and CPR training as well as training in usage for fire-extinguishers.
What Does an Ideal RA Candidate Look Like?
- Looking for a challenging environment
- Great time and task management
- Excellent critical-thinking skills
- Highly motivated
- Good communicator
- Willing and able to learn and adapt
- Ideally would have previously lived in the residence halls but not required
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must be a full-time BSC or collaborative student for fall and spring semesters of the 2023-2024 academic year
- Must be available for Fall RA Training from August 7-20, 2023
- Must be able to clear a background check