Microsoft Student Advantage Program
Bismarck State College students who are enrolled for one or more credits can install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for FREE on their personal computers through Microsoft's Student Advantage Program.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus subscription license?
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2016 for Mac base applications)
- Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office Mobile for Android
How many machines/devices can I run this subscription on?
Each subscription license allows you to run Office on up to five machines being Mac or PC. You can also run Office Mobile for Android or Office Mobile for iPhone on up to 5 mobile devices.
Is this a full version Office and available for offline use?
Yes, this is full Office on the PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android platform. The software has the same features and functions as other versions of Office and can be used offline.
How long can I keep my license for Office 365 ProPlus?
Students enrolled for one or more credits at BSC (or at any other North Dakota University System institution) are eligible for the Office 365 ProPlus license. Students who graduate or are no longer enrolled for credit will lose their license. When the license expires, students retain read-only access to their Microsoft Office files.
Download and Install the latest version of Microsoft Office
- Go to Outlook on the web
- Log in using your NDUS ID@ndus.edu and password. Example: email@example.com and your NDUS password.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then select Office 365 settings
- Under "Software" click "Install and manage software"
- Select your desired Language
- If you are installing Office for Windows, Microsoft recommends using the 32-bit installation
- Click "Install" to download and install the latest version of Office
Note: If your computer is not compatible with the latest version of Office, you can install the previous version under the "Not ready to install the latest version of Office?" section, which is at the bottom of the page following step 4 above.
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Windows?
- Word 2013
- Excel 2013
- PowerPoint 2013
- OneNote 2013
- Access 2013
- Publisher 2013
- Outlook 2013
- InfoPath 2013
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Mac?
- Word 2016
- Excel 2016
- PowerPoint 2016
- Outlook 2016
- OneNote 2016
Note: To install Office 2016 for Mac, you must be running OS X 10.10 or later. Otherwise you will be given the option to install Office 2011 for Mac.
Also Note: Windows 10 is available as a free upgrade from Microsoft for those running Windows 7 or 8.1.