Program information and the Surgical Technology Program Handbook will be shared with students on the first day of class in SRGT 130, during the spring semester.
Students can take note of the following list of requirements here, to begin planning for upcoming expenses. Please do not begin any of the following, with the exception of the Hepatitis B Vaccine Series and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS-Healthcare Provider) CPR valid through the end of May of the Clinical Internship (SRGT 280), until further instructed by program faculty.
These requirements do not need to be met until the start of the fall semester, immediately preceding the Clinical Internship (SRGT 280)
Due to the length of time the Hepatitis B Vaccination series requires for administration, you can begin to obtain those vaccines right away (if you do not already have them). *You may obtain your HEALTHCARE PROVIDER CPR certification at any time, but it must remain valid through the end of the Clinical Internship.
- CastleBranch Compliance Tracker (at the student’s expense)
- Includes Background/Exclusions Checks, Immunization Tracking, & 12-Pannel Drug Screen
- myClinicalExchange Compliance Tracker (at the student’s expense)
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS-Healthcare Provider) CPR valid through the end of May of the Clinical Internship (SRGT 280) or completion of AH 110 Healthcare Provider CPR and Basic First Aid.
- Registration on the North Dakota Board of Nursing’s Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Registry https://www.ndbon.org/UAP-MAIII/Overview.asp (at student’s expense)
- Includes obtaining fingerprints for completion of an additional Background/Exclusions Check (at the student’s expense). All background check results will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the clinical sites & the NDBON, who have the right of refusal for any student for either placement in clinical or obtaining registration on the UAP Registry.
- List of Immunizations:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella: immunization/immunity by documentation of two doses of (MMR) measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine or positive blood titer for measles, mumps, and rubella. Negative titers require a booster.
- Tuberculin Testing: negative 2-Step TB or QuantiFERON-TB blood test. The two-step test consists of (x 2) TB skin tests done AND READ within 1-3 weeks of each other. Students who are positive reactors must have verification of a negative chest X-ray.
- Hepatitis B: the completed series of three Hepatitis B vaccinations or positive antibody blood titer. Negative titers require a booster.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): evidence of a Varicella vaccine (x 2) or a positive blood titer. Negative titers require a booster.
- Influenza: the yearly influenza vaccine or apply for and receive a facility-approved exemption.
- Covid-19: the Covid-19 vaccine or apply for and receive a clinical facility-approved exemption.
Note *Due to the time requirements for obtaining the Hepatitis B vaccination series (3 separate injections, with the 2nd
dose being 1 mo. after the 1st
dose and the 3rd
dose being 5 months after the second) program applicants should start obtaining the series immediately (if they have yet to complete it.)