In order for a student to be awarded a degree, they must complete an Application for Degree
and submit it electronically to the BSC Academic Records Office.
Students are encouraged to complete and submit an application immediately following enrollment in their final semester courses.
Follow These Steps
3. Verify your Personal Information is correct in CampusConnection.
4. Visit with your Academic Advisor to have them review your records to make sure that you should apply for your degree.
5. Complete the Application for Degree.
- You must complete all items marked with an asterisk*
- The name on your diploma will be taken directly from what is entered on this form.
- The address submitted should be where you would like the diploma to be sent.
- The hometown and home state will be used in the commencement program.
- Your area of study and degree can be found on your Academic Requirements Report. See example:
- If you have any additional credits (alternative learning or transfer credits) that have not been posted to your BSC transcript, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Type of credit (CLEP, AP etc.) or Name of institution
- Course work taken
- When information should be received in our office.
- Complete the rest of the application, check the electronic signature box and submit.
Processing Application for Degrees
1. You will receive an email once the form has been submitted. (email confirmations will only go to students who indicate their BSC college email address on the form)
2. Your application will be reviewed by Academic Records to make sure your degree requirements have been met.
Note: Academic Records will send an email to your BSC email account ONLY if you need additional courses to earn your degree.
- Complete your application early to allow time for Academic Records to do a pre-check of your degree requirements while there is still time to change your schedule.
3. Once final grades have been processed for the semester you are graduating, it will take three to four weeks to review the application and have your degree posted to your BSC transcript.
4. Diplomas will be mailed within two weeks of all degrees being posted to BSC transcripts.
For additional information contact Kene Miller at 701-224-2545.
BSC Commencement 2018
Friday, May 11, 2018