Skip to main content

Enrollment Changes | Bismarck State College

to the top of the page
Home Page

Enrollment Changes

To be eligible for financial aid, students must meet minimum enrollment requirements.  A change of enrollment status at any point during a term could result in a revision of the financial aid package.

Contact Financial Aid: 
  • If you plan to take fewer hours than the minimum required for full-time enrollment
  • If you plan on dropping or withdrawing from a course(s)

Withdrawal Information (Financial Aid)

Federal Student Aid is awarded to students with the assumption that the student will attend Bismarck State College for the entire term.  Students who do not intend to complete the entire semester due to a variety of reasons, must complete the Bismarck State College Withdrawal to Zero Credits form.  If a student is enrolled for classes and does not complete the classes he or she is enrolled in, and receives failing grades for those classes, the student may need to repay a portion of the federal student aid received.
Repayment of Financial Aid
If a student received Federal Aid, the refund and any unearned financial aid the student has received will be applied to the federal financial aid program per federal law.  The student will be responsible for repaying the difference between any institutional refund and the amount of unearned aid received at the time of official withdrawal.  Allocation of unearned aid shall be consistent with federal law.  Bismarck State College must return unearned funds for which it is responsible as soon as possible but no later than 45 days from the determination of a student's withdrawal.  Any balance after allocation to sources of aid and payment of the student's account shall be returned to the student.  This refund policy shall not apply to deposits which may be subject to forfeiture under housing contracts or program admission policies.

Students who receive federal financial aid and receive all "F's" (failing grades) for the semester will be responsible for repaying all unearned financial aid received.  Students who discontinue attending classes must initiate and complete the formal withdraw to zero credits process through the Academic Records Office to avoid failing grades.