This program will give students an opportunity to forgive part of their student loans, if they stay and work in North Dakota after graduation. The Bismarck State College majors that qualify for this program are as follows:
For additional information regarding the Loan Forgiveness Program for STEM and Teacher Loan Forgiveness visit the North Dakota University website. Or for applicable procedure and application or questions contact the North Dakota University System office.
- Clinical Lab Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Electric Power Technology
- Electrical Transmission Systems Technology
- Electronic Technology
- EMT Paramedic Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Power Plant Technology
- Process Plant Technology
- Surgical Technician
Student Loan History
To review the amount of loans you have borrowed while attending school, please visit Studentloans.gov and click on My Financial Aid History.
- Entrance Loan Counseling: Before receiving a student loan, borrowers must complete an entrance counseling session. This quick and easy interactive counseling session provides useful tips and tools to help you develop a budget for managing your educational expenses and helps you to understand your loan responsibilities You can complete this requirement at Studentloans.gov
- Master Promissory Note: The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s).
- Exit Loan Counseling: Prior to graduating or leaving school, Direct Loan borrowers must complete exit counseling. The Direct Loan Exit Counseling will explain your rights and responsibilities as a Direct Loan borrower. Students can complete this requirement at Studentloans.gov
To log into this site and complete these requirements, you will need the same FSA ID and password that you signed your FAFSA with.