Welcome to Bismarck State College's National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE)! We look forward to working with you as a student of the nation's premier provider of energy education and training.
If you have questions at anytime please contact us at BSC.Energy@bismarckstate.edu, 701.224.5651 or 800.852.5685.
The admissions process typically takes 1 - 3 weeks, depending on BSC receiving required documentation such as transcripts. First, you are required to apply as degree seeking or non-degree seeking. If degree seeking, official transcripts will be required and placement tests may need to be completed. Once the admissions office has a completed file, you'll be notified via email that you are now able to register for classes. Within one - three business days of receiving your registration email, your assigned advisor will email you an education plan with any applicable transfer credits noted.
1. Submit an Application
2. Pay the Application Fee ($35 US Dollars)
Non-refundable $35 application fee
Students who meet one of the following criteria are exempt from the application fee:
These documents may be faxed to the admissions office at 701-224-2500 or emailed to email@example.com.
- You previously paid the application fee
- You are active duty military and as proof provide one of the following:
- Common Access Card (CAC) - verified in person only
- Military ID indicating Active Duty Status - verified in person only
- Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
- Orders indicating Active Duty Status
3. Complete Student Verification Form
Student Verification Form
4. View Your To Do List
View Your To Do List for items still needed to complete the admissions process.
5. Submit ALL Official Transcripts
All official transcripts will be accepted through www.parchment.com, www.getmytranscript.com and www.scrip-safe.com/.
- If you have no college experience, submit official high school transcripts or GED.
- If you have less than 24 semester hours of college credit, submit official high school transcripts or GED and all official college/university transcripts.
- If you have more than 24 semester hours of college credit, submit all official college/university transcripts.
If those services are not available for your college(s), please request an official transcript to be sent (in a sealed envelope) by the schools to:
Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). More information can be found here.
6. Complete English and Math Assessment Score Requirements
Bismarck State College (BSC) along with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) requires all students to take a placement assessment. The purpose of placement testing at BSC is to match the academic readiness of the incoming student with the academic requirements of the curriculum.
The following Placement Exams are preferred by BSC:
The assessment may be waived by the following:
- ACT or SAT must be dated within the last five years
- Compass or ACCUPLACER dated within the last three years
Bismarck State College offers the ACCUPLACER exam. For further details or to schedule an exam please click here.
- Remedial or College level English and Math courses successfully completed at a regionally accredited institution
- Baccalaureate or higher degree has been earned from a regionally accredited institution
7. Military Students Only
Military students may qualify for the North Dakota Military/Veteran Residency Rate for tuition. Click here to learn more.
8. Check Your BSC Student Email
All email correspondence between students and BSC staff/faculty is required to be exchanged from the student's official BSC email address after the student has registered for one or more courses. Directions on how to access you student email account and how to set up your email on your mobile device can be found at: http://www.bismarckstate.edu/students/resources/itsupport/email/