Thank you for choosing BSC! Please be advised that all documents submitted must be official, translated into English and certified as to their authenticity and accuracy.
The I-20 immigration form will not be issued by Bismarck State College until the Admissions file is complete.
Complete Admissions File Deadline for FALL...............................June 1
Complete Admissions File Deadline for SPRING..........................November 1
The Admissions process typically takes 1-3 weeks, depending on BSC receiving required documentation. If you have any questions with any part of this process feel free to connect with an Admissions Counselor or call 701-224-5429.
Submit information to:
Bismarck State College
P.O. Box 5587
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Please complete the following checklist for admission to Bismarck State College:
1. Submit an Application
- Non-refundable $35 application fee
2. Request Official Transcripts
Official High School (secondary school) transcript
Official College or Post-Secondary transcript(s)
- Must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The evaluation form may be obtained at www.WES.org. The form must be submitted with official transcripts/academic records from all secondary schools attended, along with word-for-word English translations. There will be a cost to the student for the service charged by the World Education Services. Exemptions to this policy may be granted if you have completed 24 or more semester hours of college level coursework evaluated through WES.
- Must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The evaluation form may be obtained at www.WES.org. The form must be submitted with official transcripts/academic records from all post-secondary schools attended, along with word-for-word English translations. There will be a cost to the student for the service charged by the World Education Services. There is no guarantee that the credits will transfer. Official transcripts must be received from ALL institutions previously attended.
3. Request documented proof of the following immunities
- measles, mumps, and rubella 2 doses if student was born after 1/1/1957
- meningitis (meningococcal) - meningitis information
- All students 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of vaccination of meningitis
- vaccination must be AFTER age 16
- NOTE: meningococcal-B is a separate meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet the NDUS requirement
4. Placement Test Scores
Bismarck State College (BSC) along with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) requires all students to take a placement assessment. The assessment may be waived by Bismarck State College if you have completed college level reading, English, or math classes at a regionally accredited institution. For further details please click here.
5. English Proficiency
Students whose native language is not English must submit proof of English Proficiency in one of the following ways
- At least two years of study, in good standing, at a U.S. high school or regionally accredited U.S. college/university.
- A U.S. General Education Diploma (GED) administered in English.
- College Composition I and College Composition II, or equivalent courses, with a grade of 'A' or 'B' from a regionally accredited U.S.. postsecondary college and/or university.
- Any of the placement scores on the ACT, SAT and/or ACCUPLACER for English:
- ACT English sub test of 18 or higher
- SAT Writing of 430 or higher
- ACCUPLACER Write Placer of 5 or higher
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a minimum TOEFL internet based test score of 70. You may request them at www.toefl.org BSC's code is 6041.
6. Declaration of Finance
Completed Declaration of Finance form. The Declaration of Finance form needs to be filled out by your bank and must be sent directly from the bank to Bismarck State. The account must show deposits and withdrawals from the last six months. Documentation must show a source of full financial support for all years of attendance at Bismarck State College. You should be prepared to provide additional certified bank records or other pertinent documentation upon request.
International students are also encouraged to apply for BSC's International Student Tuition Waiver.
Upon completion of the online application, you will receive an email giving you instructions on setting up an account in CampusConnection. This Online portal gives you access to the following (and much more).
For Helpsheet and Video Tutorials please click here.
- Check your To-Do list
- Apply for Housing
- Register for Classes
- Pay Tuition
- Accept Financial Aid
- View Holds
Upon arrival at Bismarck State College
Medical Insurance: All F-1 students who enroll at BSC are required to purchase a medical health insurance policy which remains in effect for the duration of study. The premium for coverage under this plan will be billed directly to the student. The annual fee must be paid in full at the beginning of the first year and prior to each subsequent year of study. The insurance will be coordinated by the International student admissions office. (Students from Canada and Norway are exempt).
Copy of your passport, including passport expiration date and the U.S.. entry visa stamp in the passport with expiration date (except Canadians) - after a student arrives on campus.