1. Application for Admission
These documents may be faxed to the admissions office at 701-224-5643 or emailed to email@example.com
- Non-refundable $35 application fee*
- Students who meet one of the following criteria are exempt from the application fee:
- You previously paid the application fee
- You are active duty military and as proof provide one of the following:
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- Military ID indicating Active Duty Status
- Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
- Orders indicating Active Duty Status
2. All Official Transcripts
To be considered official, the transcripts must be received by BSC in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
US Transcript - To send an official electronic transcript, please use the following sites: docufide.com, getmytranscript.com, and scrip-safe.com.
- High School Transcript or GED. Exemptions to this policy may be granted if you have completed 24 or more semester hours of college level coursework. If you are a current high school student a hold will be placed on your account until the final high school transcript is received.
- College/University transcripts. Including any transcripts for credits completed while in high school. In progress transcripts will be required for any institution currently in attendance. A final transcript will also be required once grades are posted.
If those services are not available for you college(s) please request an official transcript be sent to:
Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The evaluation form may be obtained at www.WES.org. The form must be submitted with official transcripts/academic records from institutions attended, along with word-for-word English translations. There will be a cost to the student for the service charged by World Education Services.
Official transcripts must be received from ALL institutions previously attended.
3. ON - Campus students documented proof of immunity to the following diseases
- measles, mumps, and rubella 2 doses if student was born after 1/1/1957
- meningitis (meningococcal) - meningitis information
- All students 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of vaccination of Meningitis
- Vaccination must be AFTER age 16
- NOTE: Meningococcal-B is a separate Meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet the NDUS requirement
Exemptions to this policy may be granted if your beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program.
4. Placement Test Scores
Bismarck State College (BSC) along with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) requires all students to take a placement assessment. The assessment may be waived by Bismarck State College if you have completed college level reading, English, or math classes at a regionally accredited institution. For further details please click here.
The admissions process typically takes 1 - 3 weeks, depending on BSC receiving required documentation. If you have questions with any part of this process, feel free to connect with an Admissions Counselor or call 701-224-5429.
Upon completion of the online application, you'll receive an email giving you instructions on setting up an account in CampusConnection. This online portal gives you access to the following (and much more):
- Check your Application Status
- Check your To-Do List
- Apply for Housing
- Register for Classes
- Pay Tuition
- Accept Financial Aid and view Holds
For Helpsheet and Video Tutorials please click here.
If you have any previous college credits you may want to know how these credits will fit with BSC's requirements and what courses you will need to graduate. The Transfer Equivalency Website will allow you to find course equivalencies from various schools across the United States. This database is provided for planning purposes only. The absence of a college or university on the list is not an indication that BSC does not accept credit from that institution.
Review Financial Aid Options