1. Application for Admission
These documents may be faxed to the admissions office at 701-224-2500 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-refundable $35 application fee*
- Students who meet one of the following criteria are exempt from the application fee:
- You previously paid the application fee
- You are active duty military and as proof provide one of the following:
- Common Access Card (CAC) - verified in person only
- Military ID indicating Active Duty Status - verified in person only
- Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
- Orders indicating Active Duty Status
2. All Official Transcripts
To be considered official, the transcripts must be received by BSC in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
US Transcript - To send an official electronic transcript, please use the following sites: parchment.com, getmytranscript.com, and scrip-safe.com.
- High School Transcript or GED. Exemptions to this policy may be granted if you have completed 24 or more semester hours of college level coursework. If you are a current high school student a hold will be placed on your account until the final high school transcript is received.
- College/University transcripts. Including any transcripts for credits completed while in high school. In progress transcripts will be required for any institution currently in attendance. A final transcript will also be required once grades are posted.
If those services are not available for you college(s) please request an official transcript be sent to:
Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The evaluation form may be obtained at www.WES.org. The form must be submitted with official transcripts/academic records from institutions attended, along with word-for-word English translations. There will be a cost to the student for the service charged by World Education Services.
Official transcripts must be received from ALL institutions previously attended.
3. ON - Campus students documented proof of immunity to the following diseases
- measles, mumps, and rubella 2 doses if student was born after 1/1/1957
- meningitis (meningococcal) - meningitis information
- All students 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of vaccination of Meningitis
- Vaccination must be AFTER age 16
- NOTE: Meningococcal-B is a separate Meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet the NDUS requirement
Exemptions to this policy may be granted if your beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program.
4. Placement Test Scores
Bismarck State College (BSC) along with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) requires all students to take a placement assessment. The purpose of placement testing at BSC is to match the academic readiness of the incoming student with the academic requirements of the curriculum. Although the tests do not affect admission to the college, students will be required to meet established criteria in certain courses and programs.
The following Placement Exams are preferred by BSC:
The assessment may be waived by the following:
- ACT or SAT must be dated within the last five years
- Compass or ACCUPLACER dated within the last three years
Bismarck State College offers the ACCUPLACER exam. For further details or to schedule an exam please click here.
- Remedial or College level English and Math courses successfully completed at a regionally accredited institution
- Baccalaureate or higher degree has been earned from a regionally accredited institution
The admissions process typically takes 1 - 3 weeks, depending on BSC receiving required documentation. If you have questions with any part of this process, feel free to connect with an Admissions Counselor or call 701-224-5429.
Upon completion of the online application, you'll receive an email giving you instructions on setting up an account in CampusConnection. This online portal gives you access to the following (and much more):
- Check your Application Status
- Check your To-Do List
- Apply for Housing
- Register for Classes
- Pay Tuition
- Accept Financial Aid and view Holds
For Helpsheet and Video Tutorials please click here.
If you have any previous college credits you may want to know how these credits will fit with BSC's requirements and what courses you will need to graduate. The Transfer Equivalency Website will allow you to find course equivalencies from various schools across the United States. This database is provided for planning purposes only. The absence of a college or university on the list is not an indication that BSC does not accept credit from that institution.
Review Financial Aid Options